PMI France Sud

Voter pour Dynamiser ou le fermer ce forum: http://www.doodle.com/aex7i8wy5f9hw6iy

6 tips to to protect your investment in a speaker

Partagez
    MOperto
    Admin

Centre(s) d'intérêt dans le PM : PMO, Portfolio Management, Internation Projects, IT Projects, Leadership

Re: 6 tips to to protect your investment in a speaker

Message par MOperto le Jeu 20 Déc - 17:05

let's add these good principles to the check list for our own PMI events !!!
    CJBonetto

Centre(s) d'intérêt dans le PM : KM, Coaching, Consulting, Training, PMO

6 tips to to protect your investment in a speaker

Message par CJBonetto le Jeu 20 Déc - 16:26

Moral: It's easier to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent

1) No sound system works every time. Microphones work better than they used to, but that's like saying the post office is more efficient than it used to be. Make sure you have a backup microphone, backup batteries and even a backup technician, who is in the room ready to correct difficulties when they arise.

2) Don't let traffic jam a speech. Half the meeting rooms in America have walkways or kitchens adjacent to them. The room can be quiet as a church for a while, then dishes rattle, chairs screech, carts roll by. The speaker feels like a duck in a shooting gallery—trapped on stage and unable to do anything about it. Have the facility guarantee that there will be no outside noise while your speaker is at work. Then, assign a room monitor to maintain control.

3) Help speakers prepare to win. Some people spend more time briefing the busboys than the speakers. If you want the speaker to target a message to your company or association, supply him or her with material about your group. Don't assume speakers will hunt for information on their own. Most won't.
    For a speech, make sure the room lights are turned up as high as they'll go. Restful environments are for sleeping, not speaking. People remember more in brightness and have way more fun. Also, speakers speak best to a full house. Put the first row of seats just eight feet from the stage so the speaker can connect with the audience. Rope off a large section of the seats at the back and keep them blocked off until the crowd is bumper-to-bumper. This creates excitement and leaves the back seats for the latecomers. If you're stuck with a room you can't fill, use screens to block off the unused areas.

4) Little things mean a lot. Not true. Little things mean everything. When I make a speech, I always bring along a roll of masking tape. Why? Two reasons: To tape down any cords on the stage that are likely to trip me up, and to tape down the door latches so latecomers can slip in quietly.

5) The introduction is as important to a speaker as the leadoff hitter is to a baseball team. The introduction sets the tone and builds the excitement. Choose your organization's most experienced public speaker. An "honoree" or a "sponsor" is usually a disaster. Brief him or her in advance on how crucial the introduction is to set the table for a successful event.

6) Request a question. How many speakers wind up by calling for questions and getting dead silence? Plant two or three questioners in the audience. But not with prearranged questions—canned exchanges are easy to detect and can destroy rapport. Find questioners who will listen and are comfortable getting things rolling. Oftentimes, I also begin by saying, "I know no one wants to ask the first question ... so may I have the second question, please."

La date/heure actuelle est Ven 22 Sep - 2:04